Spring is here and what more can we want than glowing skin as we shed winter layers?! Of course taking care of skin externally is vital for radiant complexion, but nourishing skin from within is just as important!
Externally we recommend trying our phytonutrient dense, multi-corrective elixirs - Rejuvenating Face Serum and Moisturizing Body Oils. You will be amazed at how soft, supple and smooth skin becomes after just one application of our anti-inflammatory, anti-aging potions.
Supporting skin internally doesn’t just mean eliminating foods that can cause skin inflammation - refined sugars, salty treats, dairy and greasy foods - but also introducing foods that can create a healthier complexion.
Here are our fave 5 foods for glowing skin -
- Healthy Fats: Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are the “good fats” that are vital in reducing inflammation and regenerating skin cells. A great source is wild caught fish - mackerel and trout. Vegan? - be sure to fuel up on avocados, almonds, and olive or pumpkin seed oil!
- Dark Greens: Antioxidant rich kale, spinach, and chard help renew and repair skin cells. Dark greens also have high levels of Vitamins A, C, and E; all essential in strengthening skin tissue.
- Cantaloupe: This sweet treat is great for curbing sugar cravings. Maintaining healthy insulin level is essential for good complexion, as sugar interacts with collagen and can cause discoloration. Cantaloupe consists mostly of water, which helps keep skin hydrated and regenerated.
- Blueberries: Just like dark greens, blueberries are a great source of antioxidants. They also contain high levels of fiber, helping your digestive system eliminate toxins that can result in pimples or rashes.
- Sweet Potatoes: Are high in vitamin C, which is known to help stimulate collagen production and smooth appearance of fine lines. Sweet potatoes are also high in beta-carotene, which helps enhance skin tone and texture.
Eating for beauty doesn’t have to feel like you’re depriving yourself. It’s not about restriction but rather choosing foods that nourish, and enhance your overall appearance and energy. When you choose foods that leave you feeling well, you will naturally begin to gravitate towards these foods.
To your health beauties!